November Birthstone - Topaz, Citrine and Yellow Sapphire
Where it can be found
- Topaz can be found in Russia it is also very frequently found in the United States, Australia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Japan, Flinders Island, Sri Lanka, Czech Republic, Norway,Afghanistan and Mexico.
- Most citrine comes from Brazil, but almost all of the Brazilian material is heat-treated amethyst. Natural citrine can also be found in the Ural Mountains of Russia, in Dauphine, France, and in Madagascar.
- Yellow sapphires are found in Tanzania, Madagascar, Thailand and Australia, although Sri Lanka is the primary source.
- The name topaz comes from the Sanskrit and means fire.
- Though topaz is the official birthstone of November, the alternative birthstone is golden citrine. Unlike other month's alternative birthstones that often differ entirely from the official birthstone, citrine and topaz are so similar that they are often confused. Citrine is a variety of quartz that comes in golden yellow or fiery orange and brown tones.
- Citrine is a variety of quartz ranging in colors of yellow, yellow-brown, orange, dark orange-brown, reddish-brown. Citrine crystals can form together with amethyst or smoky quartz to form a bi-colored quartz called ametrine.
- Almost all citrine that is available on the market today is heat-treated amethyst. Natural citrine is pale yellow to pale orange, much lighter than the heat-treated material which is dark orange-brown to reddish-brown. All of the heat-treated material has a red tint, while natural citrine does not.
Yellow Sapphire Facts
- The stone is known to strengthen the immune system of the body. It also improves the blood circulation and increases the function of liver and pancreas.
- Yellow sapphire is known to improve concentration and helps in achieving academic success. It can be worn by students and professionals striving to achieve professional success.
- The yellow sapphire has a huge significance among innumerable gemstones. It was considered to possess unique properties to ward off evil spirits.
The November birthstone, topaz, symbolizes love and affection. It is believed to give the wearer increased strength and intellect.
The November birthstones also are citrine and yellow sapphire. These beautiful gemstones are believed to give people strength, discipline, confidence and success.
Citrine ranges in color from a pastel yellow through a golden orange and into dark, brownish orange. It is a type of quartz and is often referred to as “the healing quartz”
for the belief that it helps support health, hope, energy, and warmth in the wearer. It is found plentifully in nature and as such it is one of the least expensive gemstones.
Famous Women with November Birthdays
November 5 - Tilda Swinton - British actress, performance artist, model, and fashion muse, known for her roles in independent and Hollywood films.
November 6 - Emma Stone - American actress.
November 13 - Whoopi Goldberg - American comedian, actress, author and television host.
November 22 - Scarlett Johansson - American actress, model, and singer.
November 23 - Miley Cyrus - American singer, songwriter, and actress.